Friday, July 13, 2012

Semana Dos


I'm just gonna apologize now for the grammar/spelling.  No time to worry about stuff like that...sorry.  This week was alot like last one--study, eat, study, eat, study, sleep.  We saw the fireworks last night though!  We had a late night fireside and watched a cheesy slide show to music from the 80's.  But then they let us outside and stay out past 10:30....whoa, I know.  First time watching fireworks standing up, but it was about as party-like as it gets around here. 
Things are going swell with my companion.  Language is still really slow...we're working on the basics, el/la, plural, what verbs are, ect.  She'll get the hang of it...  I feel like I understand most that is being said, and can communicate my ideas ok.  That doesn't mean I'm saying things right--I slaughter past tense.  But they get the general idea. 
We went to a devotional by some emeritus 70, japanese man.  I think my favorite thing he said was when he talked about allowing the love of God to fill your heart by reading the book of mormon, and how you will have courage to open your mouth.  Say, "thank you, God bless you when door slam in your face.  When dog barking say 'hello, god bless you', and dog fill spirit and stop barking you."  I love asians.  He really did say some more great things about having your own sacred grove/ holy communion with the father every day.  
So i'm leaving for Guatemala next wed!  I bought a calling card.  I'll be calling before noon on wed (my flight is at 12:20), and maybe in dallas, if i have time from 4-5. 
Funny moment of the week:  my companion got a orange dreamsicle and after one lick, it was stuck to her tongue....for a good 5 min.  She turns about as red as a tomato whenever she gets embarassed.  She was drooling all over, and twisting her tounge in strange ways by pulling on the popsicle. She tried pouring water on it, but it was on real good.  Quite the show. 
Also...She almost died this morning when she found a snake in her bed....wonder how that got there hahaha, I know...i'm soo funny.  She said didn't think it was funny....while she was laughing so hard she could hardly breathe. She thought it was funny. 
I have a tendency to go off of faith.  'the church is true therefore....."  But i'm learning that I need to have testimonies of every prinicple/doctrine/teaching of the gospel if i plan to testify that it's true.  I believe it, but i need to know it--specifics. 
Starting to go a little crazy here....it's good and i'm learning alot, but getting a little claustraphobic i think/insane.  So is everyone else though....wich i think only makes matters worse. 
 
Love you all and love hearing from you! 
 
Love
 
Hermana Canfield.

No comments:

Post a Comment